Friday, February 22, 2008

See if you can eat just one

I'm trying something new and I'm eager to hear what you think. I thought it might be fun to create a recipe card for you to click, print and put right into your recipe box. The size is 4 X 6 and can print right onto an index card.

I don't know about you, but potato chips are my biggest weakness. Hidden deep in the Ellie Krieger cookbook is this fantastic, healthier alternative. Not only is it tasty, but it's so easy and fun to make. And when zucchinis are growing in your garden, it's nice to have a lot of options.





  • Next time I make these, I'm going to cut thicker zucchini slices. Because these shrink a bit while baking (they looked just like Shrinky Dinks for you thirty-somethings out there!), some of them became too thin and fell apart.
  • I know it's hard to eat just one, but remember to share with family and friends. But hey, if they're not quick enough, what are you going to do? Enjoy!

Barbara Kingsolver writes about "zucchini wars" in her book - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I laughed out loud many times while reading about how she dealt with a zucchini surplus. I just found the chapter about her zucchini wars online at this site:

http://www.yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=1822

Read it for a great laugh. Just don't drink milk while doing it. You know, too much laughter plus milk equals an embarrassing moment. C'mon, it's happened to all of us at some time.

Right? No? Oh well. Just me.

2 comments:

Cakespy said...

NO WAY could I eat just one. Deliciousness!

Patsyk said...

These sounds so yummy! Are they in her new cookbook? I just ordered it and can hardly wait to get started trying her recipes.