Last night, after a rousing game of Monopoly with my hubby and his sister that went late into the night (the three of us are so competitive!), I checked my blog and found that I'm part of a new game. This is my first game of "virtual" tag, basically a getting to know you game between like-minded bloggers. I haven't share much here except my passion for healthy cooking, so this is a good opportunity to highlight some others happening outside of Test Drive Kitchen.
Thank you to Josie from 1 Kitchen, 2 Dogs and a Girl (http://2dogsandagirl.blogspot.com/) for tagging me and getting me involved!
Here are my instructions via Josie:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Here we go.....
- I grew up in the Southern region of New Jersey, close to the city of Philadelphia. At age 22, I moved to Washington, DC and I'm still trying to lose my accent. I grew up on diner food, spent summers at the Jersey shore, listened to Jon Bon Jovi, and teased my bangs to new heights. I'm a Jersey girl at heart even though I left over a decade ago.
- There are certain movie scenes that no matter how many times I've seen them, I cry. Same spot in the movie, every time. Field of Dreams: "Dad, wanna have a catch?" and Rudy getting into Notre Dame on his last attempt to transfer schools and play football are just two examples.
- I've been taking classes in improvisational comedy for almost a year. Last weekend, I performed at the DC Improv with my classmates in front of our family and friends. It was a total rush!
- I never knew that I would love a dog as much as I do our 1 1/2 year old golden retriever. I didn't grow up around animals, but always wanted a pet. I didn't realize how much of a family member she would become. I can't believe how much fur I kiss a day. If you don't kiss fur, you don't know what you're missing.
- And for something very personal (I discussed with my hubby before posting), we are in the process of building our family through adoption. We're under a heap of paperwork right now, so that's why I'm blogging less frequently right now. We can't wait to be parents and I'm excited to one day make healthy meals for my children.
I've tagged the following people:
- Vicci at The Days are Just Packed (http://victoriasdays.blogspot.com/). She's always posting great comments on my blog and I love the way she writes about her life!
- Ricki at Diet, Dessert and Dogs (http://dietdessertndogs.wordpress.com/). We share the same cooking philosphy.
- Kathy at Panini Happy (http://www.paninihappy.blogspot.com/). She's the beautiful wife (and new mother!) of my husband's best buddy. She's cooking up a storm and creating fantastic panini recipes.
- Ana at Kitchen Space (http://kitchenspace.blogspot.com/), she's exploring the world of Ellie Krieger. We're both Ellie's superfans. I'm so envious that Ana just met her in person!
- Finally, Jessie at Cakespy (http://www.cakespy.com/) Her blog is so amazing. GREAT artwork and just a really fun blog to read. It makes me smile everytime I check it out.
Okay, who's turn is it? Pass me the dice.