Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Take a Peek Inside My Pantry...Updated January 2008


I spent last weekend taking everything out of my pantry and re-organizing it. As you can see, Sami, our golden retriever, wanted to help. As I took things out, I created a master list of what I had and what I needed. Here is a list of the pantry items I use the most in my healthy cooking endeavors:

BAKING
Flour
Whole Wheat Flour
Organic Honey
Agave
Organic Maple Syrup
Brown Sugar
Molasses

BEANS
Kidney Beans
Chickpeas (Garbanzo)
Black Beans
Cannelini Beans (White Northern)

BEVERAGES
Cold Tea Mixes
Hot Teas

BREAKFAST
Kashi Cereal
5 Grain Hot Cereal (Red Mill)
Whole Grain Pancake/Waffle Mix
Whey Protein (for smoothies)

COOKING
Canola Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (one for cooking and one great one for dressing)
Cooking Wine (White, Marsala, Sherry, etc.)
Vinegars (Red Wine, Champagne, Balsamic, Apple Cider, etc.)
Worcestershire
Panko - Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
Cooking Spray

FRUITS
Raisins
Cranberries
Dates
Apricots
Canned Pineapple
Canned Mandarin Oranges

GRAINS
Wild Rice
Brown Rice
Whole Wheat Couscous
Quinoa
Lentils
Kashi 7 Grain Pilaf

NUTS
Natural Peanut Butter
Almonds
Pinenuts
Cashews

PASTA
Whole Wheat Fusilli
Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
Whole Wheat Spaghetti

SAUCES/SPICES
Chili Garlic Paste
Mirin
Sake
Dark (or Toasted) Sesame Oil
Oyster or Fish Sauce
Hot Sauce
Tabasco Sauce
Seafood Spice Rub
Toasted Sesame Seeds (white or black)
Kosher Salt
Sea Salt
Cumin
Basil
Ground Black Pepper
Oregano
Garlic Powder
Thyme
Dill
Sesame Seeds
Dry Mustard
Rosemary
Red Pepper Flakes
Chili Pepper
Curry
Cayenne Pepper
Nutmeg
Cloves
All Spice
Cinnamon
Cinnamon Sticks
Bay Leaves
Saffron

VEGETABLES
Tomato Paste
Diced or Whole Tomatoes
Sun Dried Tomatoes
Roasted Red Peppers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen - I envy your pantry! I can't wait until I've settled in one place after school and can really start to expand mine.