Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Welcome!!


Hi everyone! I'm so glad you stopped by to see what I was up to. Most of you know that I've always loved to cook. Over the last year I've been on a new adventure: to prepare the majority of my family's meals with whole grains, fresh vegetables and fruit and lean protein. I've also re-dedicated myself to learning new cooking techniques. I've been taking classes at a French cooking school in Maryland called "L'academie du Cuisine." I started this blog because I find that I'm telling anyone (who will listen!) about how excited I am about what I've been learning.

Since I've been cooking this way, my husband and I have never felt better. Neither of us has been sick all year and we've had more energy than ever before. And of course, we've been enjoying tasty meals every night. One down side to cooking this way is I've found that I've spent a little too much money on groceries. So this blog will help me develop some good habits, too. For instance, I'm going to keep my fridge and pantry better organized so I can see everything I have and not buy duplicate items. And that I'll make everything I have that's fresh before it goes bad.

I'm happy to try out recipes that you've found, too. Just leave me a comment or drop me an email and take your recipe for a "test drive" in my kitchen!

Happy to have you here....

Karen

1 comment:

Karen said...

testing comment section