Tuesday, May 13, 2008

And now for something completely different

Okay, I've never in my life tried a radish. In fact, I'm sure I've gone out of my way to avoid them. Of course, I appreciate a lovely garnish as much as the next guy - especially vegetables carved to look like flowers. However, I wasn't about to take out my paring knife and go to town on the 10 little radishes I received in my CSA box this week.



So, I turned to roasting! I quartered the radishes and placed them in a casserole dish mixed with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper & minced shallots (for a touch of sweetness.)



Paired with cooked orzo , goat cheese, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, these little roasted radishes were not half bad. Pretty tasty, actually! There's a bowl waiting for hubby upon his return from work. I'll let you know his verdict later tonight.



Take a looksie...


No comments: